Making the MO$T of Your Money by Mary Holm
Date: Tuesday 8 Aug 2017 Time: 7:15am to 8:30am
Venue: The Wellington Club, Level 7, 88 The Terrace
People are living longer than ever before. While this is great news, it means you'll have to plan for your savings to stretch further.
From day to day costs, to overseas travel and spoiling the grandchildren, it can all add up. So the question is, are your current returns good enough to fund the retirement lifestyle you want?
Mary Holm, New Zealand's most widely read investment writer and award-winning financial columnist and author, is here to get you the retirement lifestyle you want.
Mary will be dissecting the tough topics of where to start, how to balance a level of risk you are comfortable with to ensure you are receiving the returns you want.
Whether you've invested before, have thought about it or wonder how to boost your retirement plan, join us for an insightful breakfast on how to secure your future.
Mary will be discussing:
- Diversify (different types of assets, within each asset type and over time)
- Be braver about risk (longer-term money in shares, property, share funds)
- Keep an eagle eye on fees (passive investing)
- Pay for independent advice (no commissions)
- Sit back and watch the dollars grow (don't chase last year's returns or trade frequently)
- Get the best from KiwiSaver
- Attack debt
We're pleased to bring you this seminar in partnership with professional advisers Bloomsbury Associates.
Prices (per person):
Members: $20 + GST
Non Members: $25 + GST
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be received 5 clear working days prior to the event. Cancellations after this time and ‘no-shows’ on the day will be charged the full invoice amount. Substitutions are permitted if you can no longer attend.