Westpac Smarts; How does mindfulness help in the workplace?
Date: Friday 1 Nov 2019 Time: 12pm to 1:30pm
Venue: Level 7, JacksonStone House 3-11 Hunter Street Wellington 6011
This Westpac Smarts event, hosted by POD will help you;
1. Increase employee engagement and have more positive social connections in the workplace.
2. Gain higher levels of productivity and focus (even when you start the day off in a funk!)
3. Practice how to think before you respond instead of reacting based on your emotions (this tip will improve your communication skills too!) and proactively learn how to choose the best response for the situation.
4. Deal with difficult emotions (that could even help prevent depression)
5. Understand why people are happier when they pay attention to the present moment.
According to the Oxford Dictionary, Mindfulness is ‘the state of mental calmness, often achieved by focusing your awareness on the present moment and accepting any feelings, thoughts, and sensations.’
All too often in the workplace, we get caught up ‘in the moment’ reacting to whatever challenges rise in front of us, instead of responding to it in a ‘mindful’ way.
This can result in disconnection with your colleagues/boss/managers, frustration, uncertainty, apathy, inability to focus or concentrate, high stress levels and even depression.
Imagine having techniques that give you improvements in task commitment, increase your ability to show empathy, allow you to respond rather than react. Learn how to get into a flow state where you are able to be more flexible and accept ‘what is’ - as well as a higher level of enjoyment for your work.
This Mindfulness workshop will help to create a better place to work! Bring your team members and join this inspiring event and start to change the way you think, the way you engage, and the way you respond to work – and life!
This event is free and for members only. We anticipate that this will be a popular topic so reserve your seat today.
Catherine Newton, Head of Strategic Partnerships at POD, is a highly experienced, empowering Leadership Expert, Speaker and Trainer with a proven record of providing strategic direction and implementing transformational solutions. In her work she is responsible for encouraging, developing, maintaining, training and unleashing the potential in business owners, professionals, leaders, and their teams.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be received 5 clear working days prior to the event. Cancellations after this time and ‘no-shows’ on the day will be charged the full invoice amount. Substitutions are permitted if you can no longer attend.