Staffing & Employment Support
Skilled Newcomers Programme
The Skilled Newcomers Programme is focussed on recent migrants to New Zealand who have specialised experience or qualifications that will fill specific job roles within New Zealand Organisations. We provide training on the New Zealand business environment and skills that will help them integrate into your workplace.
We provide candidates that match the needs of employers free of charge as well as offer ongoing support in employment.
If you are looking for highly skilled and qualified people, please contact James Sauaga, Programmes Coordinator, on 04 470 9940 or firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
We work with a wide range of professionals with backgrounds that include Admin, IT, Health, Environmental, Arts, Business and Education. Click here to find out about some of our current clients and the skills they can offer your business.
If you want information on employing migrants, the visa options available to you, and how to help your new employees settle in New Zealand directly from Immigration NZ - click here
The programme also assists newcomers with their career pathway development.
When you contact us, we will assess your job readiness and, depending on the result, may take the following steps:
- refer you to a support agency to assist with refining your Curriculum Vitae and cover letter
- help you identify with the job market and source new employment opportunities
- link you to our employers who are looking for staff
- motivate and encourage you to find suitable work
- support you through the interview and appointment process
- provide updates on Business Central-sourced employment opportunities
- offer you ongoing career support and advice.
Am I eligible?
The programme is open to people new to New Zealand in the Wellington region. You are eligible to use our employment services if you have been in New Zealand less than 2 years and are:
- a skilled migrant or refugee
- a partner of a skilled migrant
- on a work to residence visa
- transitioning from a student to work visa
If you are based in Auckland check out the New Kiwis Programme.
The New Kiwis programme links New Zealand employers with skilled and qualified migrants living in New Zealand, or who are in the process of emigrating. The New Kiwis website is an Immigration New Zealand joint initiative, which candidates and employers can utilise at no cost.