Jetstar LATEST Update
Update provided by Jetstar.
Alert Level 3 restrictions in Auckland - 12-14 August
The New Zealand Government has announced Alert Level 3 restrictions will be in place in Auckland from noon Wednesday 12 August until midnight Friday 14 August.
Under these restrictions, travel is permitted only for residents returning to Auckland or those leaving Auckland to return home. If you are due to travel to/from Auckland during this time and wish to change your travel plans now, you have a number of options available including an alternative flight in the next 14 days or a credit voucher. Please view your options here - select, Find your booking.
Jetstar may need to cancel some flights due to the Alert Level 3 restrictions. Where a domestic flight is cancelled, customers will be contacted directly with available options, which depending on the circumstances may include additional options.
Please note, face masks are strongly recommended on all flights to and from Auckland.
Impacted GDS bookings
As options for Jetstar flights affected by both International and Domestic travel restrictions can vary depending on circumstances across our network (JQ/3K/GK), in the first instance please refer to the customer communication sent for advice on the correct action to take regarding flight changes or credit vouchers/refunds.
Hahn ticketed GDS bookings
- Starter Max fares - refund as per fare conditions or follow steps below to hold 100% of the fare in credit
- Other (non-refundable) Jetstar fares - if credit is an option, agents can use the value on the ticket for future use on a new ticket. You will have 24 months from the date of original ticket issue to use the credit. Please take the following steps:
- Cancel the flights in GDS, but keep the Hahn ticket open or suspended.
- When customers are ready to redeem their credit, make a new booking in GDS and exchange the original ETKT with the credit to be used on the new fare in that PNR
- Once a new ETKT is issued the old ETKT goes to ‘EXCH’ status and it can no longer be used.
- Change fees do not need to be collected when reinstating the booking, but tickets must be re-used within 24 months from the date of original ticket issue
- Jetstar has organised with Hahn that no ADMs will be issued for change fees, but if additional fare applies it needs to be collected when the ticket is reissued
- For all alternative options or queries relating to Hahn ticketed GDS bookings, please contact Trade Support at Live Chat or firstname.lastname@example.org
Ticketless GDS bookings
- Starter Max fares - refund as per fare conditions or contact Jetstar to request a voucher for 100% of the booking value
- Other Jetstar fares - please contact Trade Support at Live Chat or email@example.com should you require further advice on flight changes or credit vouchers/refunds
Codeshare and interline bookings
- Jetstar sectors that are part of a codeshare or interline fare are subject to the issuing carriers conditions. Travel agents should contact that airline to discuss any changes.