Mental Health First Aid
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is the help given to an individual in the early stages of or developing a mental health issue, such as depression, anxiety, or substance misuse. MHFA also teaches techniques for initial responder care for those in a mental health crisis including panic attacks, chronic anxiety, predisposition to self-injury and aggressive behaviour.
Meet the facilitator | Lindsey Rayner
Lindsey is Co-founder of Humanex and has over 15 years’ experience at facilitating courses to support people to reach their goals. Lindsey is passionate about creating a safe and secure learning environment to empower people with the confidence to fulfil their learning journey in becoming a Mental Health First Aider.
Learning Outcomes for Attendees
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and factors that affect wellbeing.
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues.
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress.
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening.
- A MHFA Certificate stating you are an accredited MHFAider (valid for 3 years).
- A MHFA Manual with 203 pages of course information and resources.
- A Resources Toolkit with conversation starters and links to relevant NZ services.
SOLD OUT | 9 & 11 October, Online | $545 per person + GST
We have an online course which is split across two days. This will run from 1-4pm on the 9th and 1-4pm on the 11th of October.
Note: Our online course is now sold out. Please register your details on the form to join our waitlist.
15 November, Wellington | $650 per person + GST
This is a hybrid course combining online eLearning and an in-person training session. Each attendee will be provided with an eLearning course to take in their own time before coming to the in-person course. The eLearning should take about 5-7 hours to complete and the in-person training day will be held at our Wellington office from 9.30am-4pm.
All courses include workshop manual. In-person courses also include arrival tea or coffee, morning tea and lunch.
This course is offered in partnership with HumanEX