9th and 11th October, Online | $545 per person + GST
We also have a online course which is split across two days. This will run from 1-4pm on the 9th October and 1-4pm on the 11th October.
Note: Our online course is now sold out. Please register your details on the form to join our waitlist.
15th November, Wellington | $650 per person + GST
This hybrid session requires 5-7 hours of e-Learning to be done before the in person training day held at our Wellington office running from 9.30am-4pm.
All courses include workshop manual. In-person courses also include arrival tea or coffee, morning tea and lunch.
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is the help given to an individual in the early stages of or developing a mental health issue, such as depression, anxiety, or substance misuse. MHFA also teaches techniques for initial responder care for those in a mental health crisis including panic attacks, chronic anxiety, predisposition to self-injury and aggressive behaviour.
Meet the facilitator | Lindsey Rayner
Lindsey is Co-founder of Humanex and has over 15 years’ experience at facilitating courses to support people to reach their goals. Lindsey is passionate about creating a safe and secure learning environment to empower people with the confidence to fulfil their learning journey in becoming a Mental Health First Aider.
Learning Outcomes for Attendees
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and factors that affect wellbeing.
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues.
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress.
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening.
- A MHFA Certificate stating you are an accredited MHFAider (valid for 3 years).
- A MHFA Manual with 203 pages of course information and resources.
- A Resources Toolkit with conversation starters and links to relevant NZ services.
This course is offered in partnership with HumanEX