Skilled Newcomers Programme
Trouble finding skilled talent?
We can recommend suitable candidates for your business. Free for employers.
If you are a skilled job-seeker, please CLICK HERE.
Skills-Matching for Employers
Working with a pool of skilled job seekers, our regional skills-matching service aims to connect you with the skilled talent you need to run and grow your business.
Delivered by the Wellington Region Chambers of Commerce, our skills-matching service is free for employers and is a great opportunity to tap into the skills you need to run and grow your business, diversify your team, and gain a competitive advantage.
We work with a wide range of professionals with skills and experience in the following areas:
How does it work?
We act as the link between employers seeking skilled talent and skilled newcomers looking to apply their skills and experience.
As an employer, you can access our pool of over 250 candidates simply by getting in touch with us. Where available, we will send through a selection of candidates with skills and experience matching your needs.
We can also keep you up to date with new candidates joining the programme who possess skills you are regularly on the look-out for.
We want to make sure we are sending through the right candidates for your business and so we are happy to come and have a discussion with you about what you look for when taking on new team members and understand how your business operates.
How can I access this service?
You can use the service in several different ways to suit your needs:
- If you’re looking to fill a role right now or have a role coming up, get in touch and tell us what you’re looking for. Where available we will have a selection of candidates to you within three business days.
- If you’re constantly on the hunt for candidates with specific skills, let us know what you’re looking for and whenever a candidate with those skills comes through, we will send you a copy of their profile to look at. Every month we register approximately 25 new skilled job seekers.
- If you want to stay up-to-date with the latest skilled candidates registering with us, you can sign up to receive our monthly Candidate Profiles email which profiles new skilled candidates ready for work across the region.
Get in touch
If you would like to learn more about our skills-matching service or catch up to discuss it in greater detail, please get in touch. You can contact Latdavone on 04 470 9930 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Skilled Newcomers Programme for Migrants
FREE for eligible job seekers
If you are a skilled migrant or international student looking to connect with employers in the Wellington region, then the Skilled Newcomers Programme is for you.
The Skilled Newcomers Programme is a free service for eligible job seekers and offers job-search support, advice, and connections to employers for eligible job seekers in New Zealand.
To join the Skilled Newcomers Programme, you must be either:
- A Skilled Migrant or a partner or family of a skilled migrant on a resident or temporary work visa who has been in New Zealand for less than five years OR
- A former international student on a post-study work visa, or in the process of transitioning to a post-study work visa
- In New Zealand on a Work to Residence Visa that has lost your role during the COVID-19 pandemic
How does it work?
The Skilled Newcomers Programme supports eligible job seekers with their New Zealand job search, as well as promoting you as a skilled candidate to our wide network of employers across the Wellington region.
Depending on your situation and needs, the Skilled Newcomers Programme can support you through:
- Preparing a strong CV for the New Zealand job market, including in-depth feedback and reviews to make it as strong as possible
- Promoting you as a candidate to our network of employers across the Wellington region
- Provide resources and referrals to support you during your job search in New Zealand
- Provide feedback and advice on your job applications and how to communicate your strengths and suitability to different employers
- Support you through preparing for a job interview in New Zealand
As a first step, you will need to register to join the Skilled Newcomers Programme. Once we receive your registration, we will send you a pack of resources and start supporting you to develop a strong CV that we can send to our employer contacts and that you can use going forward in your job search.