Thank you for your interest in joining our team.
About this role
As a Communications Advisor, you will play a crucial role in shaping and executing our organisation's communication strategies. You will be responsible for developing and implementing effective communication plans, managing various communication channels, and creating compelling content to promote our services and initiatives. This is an exciting opportunity to make a significant impact and contribute to the growth and success of our members.
The organisation works with government to help bring the voice of business to discussions on current affairs in the business community. The role covers an impressive array of business disciplines from Learning and Development through to International Trade, Policy through to Events. Communications for the CEO and senior managers are a staple for this position and, if you’re looking for a role which will expose you to New Zealand businesses across a number of regions, sectors and industries, then this is it!
Experience with writing policy and/or an interest in current affairs would be regarded well.
We are looking for someone with:
- You will ideally have a tertiary qualification in communications or experience in this space, even better if you have a political/government background in communications.
- Have experience using a variety of communications platforms and services, along with measuring their performance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to translate complex information into appropriate forms to disseminate different internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, with the ability to handle multiple, overlapping and potentially conflicting priorities, guided by the Manager, Corporate Affairs & Policy a flexible approach, being able to use innovative problem-solving to adapt to changing or ambiguous conditions
- Self-starter, able to thrive in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Understands the reasoning behind key policies, practices, and procedures, as well as how the organisation works.
- A keen interest in current affairs and political developments, as well as an understanding of what affects business and how SMEs contribute to New Zealand’s economy.
- Proven copy writing skills and experience in writing, news releases, consultation documents, reports, video scripts, etc.
What we offer
We offer excellent opportunities for personal development and pride ourselves on the quality of our team. We enjoy a working environment where excellence is recognised. We welcome diversity and believe it is a strength in a member-based organisation with equally diverse members.
It’s rare to find a role at this level in Wellington where you will genuinely be involved across the entire organisation, liaising with key business functions, and supporting our members to grow their businesses and people.
How to apply
If you are someone that has a positive, can-do attitude with the ability to be proactive and show initiative, then we’d love to hear from you! To be considered, please apply here.
This is a full-time permanent position. Applicants must have the right to work in New Zealand.